Sunday, August 8, 2010

Recipe: Raffaello Cakes

Lovely Chris from Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes have asked me, how I make Raffaelo cakes, which I mention in my previous post. It's so easy to make and delicious.

All slovenian bloggers can read the recipe here, but for Chris I tried to translate it in English. I'm not good at terms of cooking or baking, so I helped myself with google translate. I hope this will help you Chris.

Feel free to ask anything, I'll try to answer.


For the cake base you need:

*ingredients are for baking tin 40*30cm


3 eggs
9 tablespoons sugar
1 dl oil
1 dl Milk
1 vanilla sugar
half of baking powder
rum
9 tablespoons flour

For the cream:

half a liter of milk
2 vanilla pudding
15 dag sugar
15 dag margarine
5 dag coconut flour

For the coating:

whipped double cream
a little coconut flour

Cake base:
Separate eggs yolk and white. In egg yolks add sugar and vanilla sugar. Mix. Add oil, milk and rum. Mix. Then add flour and baking powder. Whipped white add at the end. Mix. Pour dough into greased baking tin. Bake for 15-20 min on 180°C.

Cream:
In boiled milk cook pudding. Cool. In cooled pudding add sugar, margarine, coconut flour and mix.

Add couple tablespoons of milk to dough, just to soft baked dough. Pour the cream over the baked dough (dough and creme leave in baking tin).

Coating:
Add whipped cream and sprinkle with coconat. Cool and serve!



Bon appetit!

4 Comment(s):

  1. Sliši se enostavno in ful dobro :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Helena: Ja men je fuuul dobr. :) Probi, res ni težko. Če je men ratal, bo čist vsakmu. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome. Thank you. The translation was tough, but I think I know exactly what you did. I do a lot of baking. So you have a cake base, a pudding topping with a whipped cream finish and coconut?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes: I'm so sorry for the translation, I think google translate doesn't help at all. :P But lucky me, you are right! Just like you told. Hope you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*