Friday, March 23, 2012

Haircut with CreaClip

It's been a week since I published a post, oops. :$ My nails were and still are naked, maybe I'll do something with them tonight, we'll see. :) Anyway I've something else for you for today. 

2 days ago I got CreaClip in my mail and I had to try it asap. If you don't know what CreaClip is, here's a description from their site: "The CreaClip is a hair-cutting guide that you can use at home to cut your own or others’ hair. It is easy to use: Just Clip, Slide, and Cut!" Sounds easy, right? I spotted their videos on YouTube while browsing "How to cut layers" videos. I actually tried to cut my front hair in layers but I failed so I couldn't wait to get my CreaClip to fix it. :D

My hair has been long for few years now. All my hair was same lenght since I cut them to shoulders 3,5 years ago so when they got longer, I lost all the volume I had, because my hair is a bit thick and heavy. I'm usually very disappointed with my hair dressers, so going to the hair dresser was always a nightmare for me - or they didn't do what I wanted or they're expensive. :/ 
Last time I had a haircut was half year ago, when I wanted to get layers but the hairdresser convinced me to not cut a v-shape, because my hair is thick and it'd be such a pity to cut it off. So she cut my hair just a bit in u-shape. Blah blah blah... I wish I didn't listen to her. :D 

Okay, let's talk about CreaClip now. :D You get 2 CreaClips in 2 sizes. The bigger curved one (white on the picture below) is for layers and long hair, the smaller (blue) is for bangs and short hair.


All the magic is in the bubble. It works like a bubble level. You just have to be sure the bubble is in the middle, that means you'll cut it straight. :) Here's a close up of the blue one. The white is just bigger and curved. :)


Teeth inside combs the hair while you slide it down and it also helps to keep hair in place when you're cutting it. :) CreaClip comes with instructions but I prefer video instructions, so I checked almost all videos on their youtube channel and decided to cut layers. Here's how I did it.

Step 1: First I straighten my hair, because my natural hair is a bit wavy. 
Step 2: Then I flipped my head over and brushed my hair just to be sure I don't have any knots or tangles. When my hair was smooth I took a bigger white CreaClip and clip it on my hair with curve facing down. The bubble was facing towards me so I could see it but if someone cut your hair, you shout face it out.
Step 3: I waited few seconds to see where the bubble is. If the bubble wasn't in the middle, I tried to get it in the middle by slowly moving left or right end of the CreaClip down, depends where the bubble is.
Step 4: When I got bubble in the middle, I slowly slide it down checking the bubble was still in the middle, to lenght I wanted to cut. Here's how it looked. :)

Step 5: Just cut it. :D You can cut vertically or horizontally. I cut it vertically, because I wanted more textured look.
Step 6: Open the CreaClip, put your head back and see the final result. :P

For before and after pictures, click read more. :D
I did these steps twice in a row - first I cut about 3 and then 5cm. :D My sis Veri helped me cut my hair and we wanted to cut it slowly. Little by little, just in case something would go wrong. :D Unfortunately I don't have any great pics of my hair before, because my phone died so only one picture of before.. I didn't have layers, I had a slightly u-shape. On all picture below my hair is straightened with a flat iron. 
 I had no make up on, so I put a flower on my face in PS. :D

My hair color varies from the light, that's why I'm having dark color on first pictures and lighter on others. :D

I just love it! <3 I think I'm finally happy with my hair cut and I think I'll cut it even more, because I'm getting bored with long hair. :D So far everyone like it, including me. :)

Do I recommend it? YES! If you want basic layers, one lenght hair cut, bangs or just trimmimg the ends... I wouldn't be confident to cut any complicated haircuts so I'd leave that for hair dressers. :D I think this is a really good deal, especially for me, because I hate going to the hairdresser and now I can cut my own hair, trim the ends and bangs all by myself. :e CreaClip cost 29,99$ (22€) + international shipping $9,95 (7€) and you can get it on their site. Less than 30€ and you can use it on yourself, kids, even men, x times! :D

Now this was a long review but I hope you like it! Thanks for reading! Leave a comment below if you have any questions. :)

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

48 Comment(s):

  1. Your hair looks just.. WOW. ♥ You got some balls cutting your own hair, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AmyGrace! <3 I was really really scared that's why I cut it little by little, just in case. :D

      Delete
  2. OMG your hair is amazing...I'm insanely jealous! My hair is ridiculously curly and I WISH my hair looked like yours. And the cut came out great, what a nifty little tool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I wish I had curly hair. :D Seems like we always want something we don't have. :P

      Delete
  3. I don't know about this dew-hickey, but your hair is simply gorgeous!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing *-*
    Great investiment! And I love your hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very brave lady! My aunt is a hairstylist so I've never really had to worry, but I recently got bangs so I have to trim them more often and now my mom's doing that for me. I could never take scissors to my hair.

    Looovely hair btw, mine is just too straight and limp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww can I borrow your aunt? :e That's super awesome having someone in the family to cut your hair. :) Yap, bangs really need to be trimmed more often, I have them too. :)

      Thank you! I'm sure your hair is also beautiful. :)

      Delete
  6. What a neat product idea!! Great review!

    Your hair is goooorgeous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also stumbled onto this on Youtube when I was searching for videos on how to cut your own hair. I didn't order it but I got some scissors at least and now I'm finally going to learn how to cut my own hair :) Saves me the hassle of finding someone that can cut it form me lol (don't like going to a salon).
    Also, why haven't I seen your hair before?? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost impossible to miss their videos on youtube. :) Good luck, I hope you'll come up with something you like! :) I only cut my bangs before and my BF did trim my ends once but that's it. :D I'm so scared cutting my own hair without knowing how so CreaClip helped me a lot. :$ Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Kok maš pa ti GORĐS lase <3 <3 <3 mi je ful všeč nova frizura!mene tut moja frizerka ni nikol hotla na V postrižt, ampak zdej itak iščem novega (mogoče me bo ta celo poslušal) :P

    res lepi lepi lasje <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo hvala ti res M.! <3 A ni krneki, da te nočejo ostrižt? Saj so samo lasje, itak zrastejo. xo No ja, upam, da tudi ti najdeš frizerja, ki te bo potem le postrigel na v. :) Btw tudi ti imaš krasne lase. :L
      Meni je v-cut res všeč, še posebej na goste lase, ker drugače gre cel volumen papa. :/

      Delete
  9. kako maš že dolge lase :O uau..čudovito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Tinna! :h Ja, lasje rastejo, nohti pa ne gredo nikamor. xo

      Delete
  10. ma ti si pametnica i spretnica :D
    savjet za drugi put: umjesto da kosu ravnaš, navlaži je, bit će ti puno lakše raditi s njom ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Htela sam ja to odma, ali kad sam videla, da svi na videu imaju suvu i ravnu kosu, onda sam i ja to probala. :) A i piše tako, možeš je ti navlažiti, ali ja nisam htela biti izuzetak. :P

      Delete
  11. omg, GORGEOUS hair! :L
    In pa ful dobr review, se tudi sama strižem, hehe dokaj amatersko, ampak tale pripomoček pa zgleda svetovno uporaben!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) No, kapo dol, če se sama strižeš in če ti uspe, kar hočeš narediti. :D Pregledala sem res veliko videov na youtube ampak enostavno nisem upala. :D Sem res "prpa" ko pride do las. :$

      Delete
  12. super ti je nova frizura :D ja moju najcesce sisam bez ikakvih pomagala, dovoljno je duga da ako i nesto zaribam uvijek mogu otic kod frizera da mi popravi, a da na kraju ne zavrsi prekratka :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :D Svaka čast, i moja je ali bi me bilo tako sramota. :D Znam, kompleksi, ali meni je ići kod frizera ko kod zubara. :$

      Delete
  13. Lovely! I really think about the order... Have a nice week end. Xoxo V.V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you'll like it if you decide to order it! In case you will, please let me know what do you think about CreaClip! Thanks, have a lovely and sunny weekend too! :k

      Delete
  14. You have gorgeous looking hair. Keep it long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks marox79! :) We'll see, I'm already bored with long hair, I definitely won't go short but I'll probably cut it even more. :D

      Delete
  15. O, vau! Kakšne neverjetno lepe lase imaš! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG your hair is so long and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moram še tle komentirat, ker tole je pa nenormalno lepo! <3 Zdej sm si šla prov zmerit kok dolg, da mi zrastejo lasje kot teb, pa mi še ene 25 cm manjka :'( Še dolg bom čakala na tko lepe laske!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25? :O Pa kako, če imaš pomoje še daljše od mojih (po profilni sliki sodeč)? Al si se strigla? No, tvoji lasje so tako nadpovprečno lepi tako da nerabiš čakat na dolžino! Hvala ti! :L Dobiti komentar od nekoga s popolnimi lasmi je seveda kompliment, da ni večjega. :)

      Delete
  18. O moj bog kira griva :o Jst sem brez besed, res!!! Prelepo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj Ana hvala! :$ Jaz se vedno ampak res vedno nemorem nagledati tvojih las. <3

      Delete
  19. Gosh, it's beautiful! I love the v-cut as well! I don't know if I could cut mine myself, I have tried before and it didn't turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tera, I'm really loving the v-cut too! Did you try to cut it with CreaClip of without? I can do some simple cuts like cutting bangs and so, anything more complicated - no thanks! :D

      Delete
  20. Ivana, your hair is so gorgeous! Actually like you, I'm the same way about getting my hair cut. I have the CreaClip too (actually the knock off version) and absoutely love it! I feel like I've talked about it before on my blog. I've always cut my hair with the big clip in the other position, now I want to try it the way you did to get that nice V shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! <3 I didn't know that there's a knock off of CraaClip too? Probably it's cheaper too, right? :) You probably got more u-shape cut when curve is facing up? :) If you'll try it like me, be sure you'll make a post, I'd love to read it! :)

      Delete
  21. OMG... Daredevil!! But the result is great!

    You have such beautiful hair! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love too have my hair cut like that in the summer! I might suggest it to my hairdresser!

    ♥ http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great haircut especially if your hair is thick and you're loosing all the volume! :)

      Delete
  23. You're my hair counsellor (can I say that?) Ivana! First you introduced me to Tangle Teezer (I bought it after reading your review and now it's the only thing I use to comb my wet/dry hair), now this!
    I've got long hair (not as beautiful as yours, anyway, I wish my hair was so thick and "dense") and it could be great if I could cut it by myself (the small clip for bangs is a great idea, when I wore a bang I was obsessed by keeping it the right lenght but annoyed by the need to go to a salon so often to settle it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Aly. :$ I'm so happy you love TT as much as I do! :) CC is such a lovely idea and I really love the final result. My hair grows so fast so I'll definitely use it a lot of times, I think I'll cut 5 cm more soon. :D Bangs need to be cut once in 2 weeks I think so this is a quick tool to cut them on your own. :)
      If you'll decide to order it, don't forget to let me know if you like it too! :)

      Delete
  24. waaaaw kakšni lasje:) Lih danes sem sama strigla konice:) hehe.. bi mi prav prišel tak pripomoček:) Sicer se pri dolgih laseh niti ne sekiram, ker se ne pozna, če mičkeno kiksneš:) hehe... bi pa probala s tem ja:) ne maram frizerjev, ker me vedno več postriže kot rečem. Še dobro, da lasje rastejo hitro:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hetzelfde kan ook met de HairClip, en het is ook goedkoper. Je kan die vinden op www.giftofgivinglife.com/hairclip.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! barber shop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*